Friday 24 April 2015

Asa by Jay Crownover - ARC Review

Jay Crownover’s New York Times and USA
Today bestselling Marked Men series continues with the much anticipated story of southern charmer and certified criminal Asa Cross.

Starting over in Denver with a whole new circle of friends and family, Asa Cross struggles with being the man he knows everyone wants him to be and the man he knows he really is. A leopard doesn’t it change its spots and Asa has always been a predator. He doesn’t want to hurt those who love and rely on him, especially one luscious arresting cop who suddenly seems to be interested in him for far more than his penchant for breaking the law. But letting go of old habits is hard, and it’s easy to hit bottom when it’s the place you know best.

Royal Hastings is quickly learning what the bottom looks like after a tragic situation at work threatens not only her career but her partner’s life. As a woman who has only ever had a few real friends she’s trying to muddle through her confusion and devastation all alone. Except she can’t stop thinking about the sexy southern bartender she locked up. Crushing on Asa is the last thing she needs but his allure is too strong to resist. His long criminal record can only hurt her already shaky career and chasing after a guy who has no respect for the law or himself can only end in heartbreak.

A longtime criminal and a cop together just seems so wrong . . . but for Asa and Royal, being wrong together is the only right choice to make.


OMG! This book. This beautiful Southern charmer. God. He was just... sigh.

So, I grew curious about Asa in Ayden's book and then he secretly stole my heart in Rome's book. I have been dying to get my hands on his book since I began this series and I didn't have to wait that long. Imagine a squealing woman jumping all over her house when she finds out she gets an ARC. Yep, I did that.

In Nash's book, I didn't know what to make of his red-head neighbour Royal. She seemed like one of those girls who's beautiful and sexy but belongs in the guys club - you know that girl who knows the football stats and it impresses guys, and you just hate on her? Well in Nash's book I got that vibe from her. And I am glad I was so wrong. She's strong, and yes she does get on better with guys, but so what? She doesn't necessarily enjoy the attention. The only attention she wanted was Asa, the southern Bar-tender who keeps getting her out of trouble. The problem? He appears uninterested. And well, this is something Royal's never had to deal with. So, she makes it a challenge to get him to notice her. However, Asa's not as uninterested as she thinks. Yes he's attracted to her, but he feels like he doesn't deserve her. 

One night when the ever-forgetful Royal locks herself out of her car, she ends up back at Asa's and instead of running from Asa when he tries to push her away, she challenges him. She was bad-ass. The way she called him out on his behaviour - god, this girl has balls. She's just so cool and I want her as my new best-friend. 

So, these two begin.

God, I loved this book. It was just amazing. I loved Asa. He was this man struggling with his past, who thought he was irredeemable and not deserving enough - of anything. But the thing is, Asa deserves everything. Yes, he made mistakes. But who hasn't?

And can I just say how much I loved the glimpses of Rome! This soldier is still my fave Marked Man. I especially loved the wedding and his interactions with his daughter and Cora.

So, overall this series is a kick-ass, and this book just increases its bad-assery. You guys need to read this whole series. I can't wait for her new series to begin - a spinoff from this I think?


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment