Monday 27 April 2015

Deep by Kylie Scott - Review

Don't miss a beat with the fourth and final novel in
theUSA Today bestselling Stage Dive series from Kylie Scott.

Positive. With two little lines on a pregnancy test, everything in Lizzy Rollins' ordinary life is about to change forever. And all because of one big mistake in Vegas with Ben Nicholson, the irresistibly sexy bass player for Stage Dive. So what if Ben's the only man she's ever met who can make her feel completely safe, cherished, and out of control with desire at the same time? Lizzy knows the gorgeous rock star isn't looking for anything more permanent than a good time, no matter how much she wishes differently.

Ben knows Lizzy is off limits. Completely and utterly. She's his best friend's little sister now, and no matter how hot the chemistry is between them, no matter how sweet and sexy she is, he's not going to go there. But when Ben is forced to keep the one girl he's always had a weakness for out of trouble in Sin City, he quickly learns that what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay there. Now he and Lizzie are connected in the deepest way possible... but will it lead to a connection of the heart?


So, I almost cried when I realised this series was over. Thats how much it broke my heart. I accidentally stumbled upon these books when I read an excerpt from Jimmy's book on a fellow book-blog. I was like, hmm.. this sounds interesting. But I'm an anal person and thus have to read everything in order so I went back to David's book and devoured that in one sitting. My little sweetheart, David. Then I got Mal's book and can I say I have never laughed at a book so hard as I did at the bed-breaking scene. I fell off my bed laughing for ten minutes straight. I nearly peed my pants thats how funny it was. I was then sceptical about Jimmy's book, knowing what we did from David's book. This asshole, this big bear softie asshole. I fell madly in love with Jimmy and Lena was just a fellow badass curvy chick. My heart solely belongs to Jimmy, with David being in close second. These Ferris brothers. God.

So, I was sad going into Ben's book as I didn't want it to be over. I bought the paperback, but growing impatient with waiting to receive it in the mail I bought the ebook when it released as well. And I don't regret a single penny.

I think it's fair to say everybody knew that something was going to happen between these two - hell, that restaurant scene in Lead, we all knew who Ben was texting. 

I devoured this book in one sitting. It was just an incredible ending to the end of the series - and introduced us to characters in the next series. I loved this book. I loved Lizzy, Ben and his commitment issues (can you blame him with having Martha as his sister). And this surprised me as well - I actually liked Martha. I mean, yes she's still an incredible bitch, but she was also hilarious in this book. And that labour scene, she was badass. Am I suspecting a book for her and Sam in the spinoff series? Me thinks so.

Lizzy has wiped her hands off of Ben in the beginning of the book, and to be honest I'm not surprised. He was an asshole, and not a charming one at that. The amount of times I wanted to put my hand through my e-reader and then through his face was unreal. He was just irritating at times. But I still fell in love with this big bear bass player. Despite the heroine being pregnant, this was still a slow-love story between the two main characters and I enjoyed that immensely.

And can I just say how badass Sam was in this book - him telling off Martha was hot and had me tingling. Something tells me this alpha-man would be awesome if he was ever to have his own book.

I loved this series and am so sad to see it end. I feel like crying now writing this review for the final book in the series. This is seriously depressing. Guys, you need to read this amazing series about a close-knit group of friends and family.



Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment