Tuesday 19 July 2016

Bossman by Vi Keeland - Review

From New York Times Bestseller, Vi Keeland, comes a sexy
newstandalone novel.

The first time I met Chase Parker, I didn’t exactly make a good impression.

I was hiding in the bathroom hallway of a restaurant, leaving a message for my best friend to save me from my awful date.

He overheard and told me I was a bitch, then proceeded to offer me some dating advice.

So I told him to mind his own damn business—his own tall, gorgeous, full-of-himself damn business—and went back to my miserable date.

When he walked by my table, he smirked, and I watched his arrogant, sexy ass walk back to his date.

I couldn’t help but sneak hidden glances at the condescending jerk on the other side of the room. Of course, he caught me on more than one occasion, and winked.

When the gorgeous stranger and his equally hot date suddenly appeared at our table, I thought he was going to rat me out.

But instead, he pretended we knew each other and joined us—telling elaborate, embarrassing stories about our fake childhood.

My date suddenly went from boring to bizarrely exciting.

When it was over and we parted ways, I thought about him more than I would ever admit, even though I knew I’d never see him again.

I mean, what were the chances I’d run into him again in a city with eight million people?
Then again…

What were the chances a month later he’d wind up being my new sexy boss?

This book was amazing! It was simply beautiful. I loved everything about it.

Reese was having the date from hell. The guy was dull, boring and talked about his mother a wee bit too much. Drastic times call for drastic measures: i.e. the emergency best-friend pretend call. In the hallway to the toilets in the restaurant, Reese is leaving her friend a message to phone with a fake emergency so she can skedaddle. Chase over-hears and calls her out for the rudeness of it.

With no fake emergency, Reese has to return to her boring date. But dullness doesn't last for long; Chase Parker joins them at the table fabricating stories about growing up with Reese. When the night ends Reese is disappointed. She wanted to know more about the enigmatic Chase Parker. What she doesn't expect is to be working for him a month later.

I simply loved this book! It was amazing. I loved Chase's propensity's of telling dramatic stories, which were so outrageous other's just believed in them. I adore Chase. What he went through was difficult. I loved how he realised he hadn't moved on from what happened all them years ago, although he thought he had, until he met Reese and was ready for more than just casual sex. He wanted everything.

Reese suffered a traumatic experience as a child with her brother ending up deaf due to the incident. Reese blames herself, and due to this she has a slight paranoia about security within her building. She desperately needs to feel safe. I loved how Chase came in and took over her nightly checks. I loved how he finally made her feel safe.

These two people were broken by their past and blame themselves for what went wrong. It was just simply beautiful to see two blameless and broken people coming together to make each other whole. 

I loved the banter, jokes, teasing between these two. I simply loved everything about them as a couple. 

That epilogue was amazing! It simply took my breathe away at the thoughtfulness of it all. Of the story he was telling before he made it come true. 

All in all, this book was amazing. It had just the right balance of humour and drama/angst. It's a must-read!



Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment